Tuesday 18 September 2018

Still I Rise...

BEAUTIFUL & BOLD
Battered and bruised, still I rise
Broken, torn and beaten, still I rise 

Rise I can and rise I will because even amidst my circumstance I am not its product and neither am I its victim.
Like oceans deep and tides wide, I rise like crashing waves.
Like gravel set on ground and destined for trampling, like dust I rise.

With terror and fear handed as gifts, like a breaking dawn so wondrously clear, still I rise. 
I am uprooted from pain and gloom and like a shooting star I continue to rise.

They have laughed, they have scorned, tried to shoot me with their words and cut me with their hate but like the air, I continue to rise.

A platform had been set, a ramp prepared and an engine fueled for a rise so majestic that many gaze in awe.

I am bold, I am beautiful, I am black, I am brave and all I have ever known is to rise. 
Rise to leaps and bounds unmatched, destinations undiscovered and breaths unfathomable.


CONTENTMENT
I soar on eagles wings, uplifted and carried by my Redeemer.
I have no fear, no shame and no limitations.
I rise higher than birds.

I am blessed, blessed beyond measure nor imagination.
I am strong, strengthened in meekness.
I rise up unafraid.

I am a queen inaugurated to a throne
A throne not set on mortar nor clay
I rise and remain risen.

-I am Pam, The Nubian Goddess, An African Woman of Substance-



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Nubian goddess and Queen. No matter your trials and tribulations, you are still a loved and treasured daughter of a loving Father in Heaven. No matter your beliefs, you are here for a purpose and a mission. Set yourself goals and set out to achieve these and never lose sight of your focus and your vision. Of course stumbling blocks and hurdles will always be there but just view them as spectacles trying to obstruct your view and slow down your pace but see them as stuff ON the pathway to your Victory and not IN the way. You can always pass stuff ON your way up and leave it all behind. But as for stuff IN the way, if you not tough enough these may put you down. GOOD LUCK!NOBODY SAID IT WAS GOING TO BE EASY on this journey of life. Love you lots. Hugs and Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to the Nubian goddess. The platform and ramp are set. Soar like the eagle that you have been. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete