Thursday 14 December 2017

Blossoms in June

PICTURESQUE BLOSSOMS
As a South African living in South Africa, June to me means Winter. It brings the anticipation of cold mornings, misty days and dark early nights. 

The universe has taught that no good can come from darkness and oft times Winter is looked upon with gloom, without hope of anything beautiful or bright blooming...

I will liken June to a season in one's life...

June, I was weary of you, I was told of your coldness and gloom. June, I anticipated your coming with somber emotions, I thought you had no good to offer, that you would possess me, make me yours and remove all light in me. June, I thought you would snatch me from my walls of warmth and leave me out in the cold to freeze myself to sleep. June I had expected you to be a dark cloud, overshadowing me all the time.

Boy was I wrong...

June, you taught me that even in the cold, my breath remains warm, that my heart will continue to pump warm blood into my vessels. June, you beauty, your quaint breeze tantalized my senses and awoke my goosebumps. You read my skin like braille while I wrote poetry about your picturesque motions, swirls and twirls.

You're not easy like a Sunday morning but you're beauty is like Paris in Spring time.


-I am Pam, The Nubian Goddess, An African Woman of Substance-


1 comment:

  1. Wowwww! I'm speechless. After such powerful words, what more can one say? Lest I spoil it for you. You really are GOOD at what you do!There is so much to learn and appreciate out of your writing. Keep up the GOOD work! Congratulations!You surely are GIFT ED!I'm very much impressed and proud of you! Lots of love

    ReplyDelete