Thursday 17 November 2016

At a Crossroads...

CROSSROADS...
How often in life do we find ourselves at a crossroads?
Why is it that you will almost always find yourself alone at a crossroads?
In her song "Listen", Beyonce said;
 "Listen, I am alone at a crossroads
I'm not at home in my own home
And I've tried and tried
To say what's on my mind
You should have known
Now I'm done believing you
You don't know what I'm feeling
I'm more than what
You've made of me
I followed the voice, you gave to me
But now I've gotta find my own"

You reach a stage in your life where unlike Beyonce said, "I'm not at home in my own home", that you should in fact always be in your home. Home to me resonates my state of mind, my place of comfort and surety and my standing and unwavering opinion of things.

A time should come where you no longer have to question whether you should or shouldn't say what's on your mind and honestly so.

I questioned earlier why it is that we are almost always alone at a crossroads and that is purely because it is your life and yours alone, your path and your's alone to take. So in making decisions and choices which will impact your life, why is it that you constantly seek to get another's opinion or even seek validation for your own opinions?

Beyonce cries out that she has tried and tried to say what's on her mind and that " you should have known..." but this "you" she refers to, I choose to see it as a conversation with her inner self. You should have known better, You should have stood your ground, You should stood and spoke for what you really believe in, You should have been You... but now you realize you have always gone with the crowds, the crowds and their motions became yours and their your beliefs your beliefs too, you lost your voice, your standing maybe even your identity but inherited theirs...

The beauty of life is that there is recreation in everything, it's never over until it's really over.
Beyonce says, "I followed the voice you gave to me but now I've gotta find my own"... When Heavenly Father created you, He enabled every fiber of your being, He enabled you to stand strong on your own and do anything and everything that you set out to do. He enabled you to be on earth but not of the earth, why do you then succumb? Why do you allow them to define you and even take from you? Make choices for you and make you believe the complete opposite from speaking your mind and liberating yourself?

You need to do move from "I probably shouldn't say that" to "I'll respectfully speak my mind whether it gains me friends or not." I always reiterate the famous phrase of "Those that matter won't mind and those that mind don't matter."

You are alone at this crossroads and forever shall you be, whether you go left or right is your choice but do it because you want to and not because you have been told to. Be honest and true to yourself and emotions, it is the most liberating of achievements. I say achievement because although easy to say it is seldom easy to do. Be in the world but not of the world...

If at this crossroads you are not sure whether to go left or right, there is nothing wrong staying right where you are until you figure it out, if you are not sure whether to say it or not, there is nothing wrong in saying nothing at all until you know how or when to say it.

Be true to yourself and identity... Alone you came, Alone shall you depart!

BE
LIBERATED

7 comments:

  1. beautifully said, we need to be ourselves and not follow everyone else in things being done around us. most people have no identity because of this. if you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And many are already falling for everything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Pamsy. Alone I came n alone I will go

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true. Nothing beats being yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. true true true... Life begins at the end of finding yourself and accepting who are, despite what others may think of you once you've reached that point. At the end you're the one who has to live with yourself every second.

    ReplyDelete