Wednesday 18 May 2016

I Thought I Heard... Did I Hear Right... Does it Even Matter?!

 

Many a times we come across situations in life where we hear things which have been said about us, sometimes these rumors even come with the author's name... my question to you is, so what??!

If you are living your life the way you want to and are happy with your achievements or wherever you might be or even going in life, what does it matter what others have to say about you? Is it their life? No! Is it their problems? No! Are they travelling the same journey as you? No! Do they know the ins and outs? Again, No! So, what does it matter?

I always say that rumors and gossip is the devil's radio and while you might not want to feature on this station, you should not be a broadcaster either. If others have made your business their business, it simply stops being your business! It is none of your business, stay out of it, you have your life to live. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and while that entitlement might exist it does not define you.

I remember back in the day I would hear my name from this one and this one and this one's mouth and this would hurt me and I would go home and sulk over it. It stole my happiness and rewarded me with grief and misery, but why? Did it mean all those rumors were true and truly defined who I am? Well, if they are true and they hurt you, then don't you think it's time you changed? But if they are not, why do they bother you? Hold your peace, keep your head held high and allow your actions and success to do all the talking for you... This way your dignity would've been preserved and protected...

There is a quote that says, "There is no way to be completely happy without being oblivious to the world around you."




3 comments:

  1. I really like this one πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the part where you say gossip is the devil's radio station, hehe that's so true,gossip is such an ugly thing. I once read a quote that said, if you talk about other people behind their backs and say awful stuff and judge them, you have no time to love them. so when we gossip, it doesn't say anything about the other person's character, but it says a lot about ours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like it Thando :)

    Camille, that is very true and those that judge are often speaking of themselves. One thing to note though, you attract whatever you judge!

    ReplyDelete