Wednesday 4 May 2016

MOTHERHOOD...
MY GREATEST CALLING...

YET!!
As a young girl, I envisioned myself to one being a wife and a mother. I had dreams of having a little one who would be just like me and love the things that I love.

When I first found out I was expectant, I was overcome with both feelings of excitement and fear of the unknown. Was I, Pam, going to be a mother?! What kind of child would I bear?! Who would she/he look like?! What kind of mother was I going to be?! Did Heavenly Father deem me so worthy to groom one of His spirit children?! My Oh My... what had I gotten myself into??!

While these kinds of feelings and thoughts raced through me day in and out, I was each time overwhelmed with great feelings of love, love so great for someone I had never met...
The months went by and each passing day seemed to never end. I was so excited, I wanted to meet my little person, I wanted to hold her, kiss her, glare and stare and tell her how much I loved her...

The day came, I panicked, was I ready? Could I go through with this? The Pain?? I've heard so many stories... what would mine be?? Heavenly Father had called me to such a great calling, surely He would help me through it...

Finally, after 12 hours, there she was, so beautiful and so bright, so worthy of all the pain endured. So pure a soul, entrusted in my care. I vowed to love her no matter what, to always be by her side, a mother was also born on this day, I didn't know how but I vowed to be the best mom I could possibly be...

It's been 21 months of love, joy, laughter, giggles, reprimands here and there, nappies and night feeds, pampering and soothing, chasing and catching. Life has not been the same, my heart has unlocked feelings I never knew existed. Indeed Motherhood, is my greatest calling yet... No longer do I live for myself but there is now a being that looks up to me and walks in my footsteps... at times literally haha

Her smile lights my world, her sweet "work in progress" vocabulary is melodious, her touch so smooth, her kisses filled with so much drool and her love so liberating... I carry the title of "Mommy" with pride and wear the arms of my daughter as precious jewels around my neck...

I am a Mother, I have been called to a great Calling!!

5 comments:

  1. The greatest gift of life is to be able to carry and raise a child! Well done mommy, you're doing a great job. Tory is too precious❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you made me love my kids more...this sweet, pure and true..i can so relate..i know i was so excited couldnt wait to see how my daughter will look like, i was anxious and then i was pregnant with my son and boy was i excited, children are such a blessing..thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha glad you could both relate ladies... motherhood is a journey filled with loads of precious emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There you have surely been blessed with an awesome soul....yet so naughty! And VERY SPECIAL in her own kinda way! Precious Torry Torr! Love her!

    ReplyDelete